How to make fresh egg noodle
- 4 cups plain flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon ash water (or edible lime water)
- few drops of yellow coloring (i used tumeric powder)
- Mix above ingredients into a mixing bowl. Knead for about 10 minutes. Dough should not be too soft.
- Let dough rest for 1 hour.
- Make into small balls. Roll flat and coat with flour.
- Put into the pasta machine, the smooth part. Repeat trice.
- Coat the thin piece into enough flour and put through the noodle cutter on the pasta machine.
- Mix water with some salt and oil and bring to boil. Pour the noodles into the boiling water for about 5 minutes. Keep stirring to avoid noodles from sticking to each other.
- Pour noodles into a strainer and wash with running tap water.
- When cold, rub noodles with oil.
- Ready to use.
Leave a Reply